We know that #momlife often means you’re on the go. Pickup and drop off at school, friends’ houses, practice, you name it. When you’re out and about it’s helpful to have extra items in the car in case of a minor emergency!
We’ve put together a helpful list so you can pull together a DIY emergency kit to stash in the car. This small collection of everyday items could save the day.
Items to keep in your emergency kit:
- Baby wipes
- even if your babies aren’t babies anymore – these are always helpful.
- first aid kit
- change of clothes for each child
- be sure to swap these out as they grow or as the seasons change.
- extra underwear or diapers for each child
- feminine products
- snacks, snacks and more snacks
- we all know what it’s like when our little ones start having a hungry meltdown.
- extra blanket
- a large water bottle
- paper towels
- plastic bags
- cell phone charger or battery pack
- jumper cables
- road flares
- hair ties & brush
- bug spray
- hand sanitizer
Once you pull your items together, store them in a small plastic container in your trunk. You’ll likely forget you even have them, until an emergency happens and then you’ll be prepared!
And in case there’s a medical emergency that your kit just won’t cover, remember that Texas Emergency Care Center is open 24/7/365.