One way to remember is to learn the acronym B.E. F.A.S.T.
Loss of balance, headache, or dizziness
One side of the face is drooping
Weakness in the arms or legs
Time to seek help immediately!
Other warning signs include:
- Sudden confusion
- Trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If you notice any of these symptoms in yourself or your loved ones, BE FAST, and seek medical attention as quickly as possible.
Texas Emergency Care Centers are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for all of your emergency medical needs, including stroke. Our facilities are equipped with rapid stroke response treatment options, and we are ready to help.